The school community sends its deepest condolences to Ms Claire Sweeney, and her family and friends on the death of her father, Mr Ronan Sweeney
Very many congratulations to Ms Cindy Hickey and her husband, Anthony on the birth of their son, Connor
Croke Park Agreement
As part of the Croke Park Agreement, the teachers have been working an additional hour in school each week since the end of February. One of the consequences of the extra hour is that staff meetings will be held outside school hours. The pupils from 1st – 6th Classes will not be dismissed from school at 1:30 p.m. on the last Thursday of each month
Duty of Care / Behaviour in Junior Yard Prior to 8.50 a.m.
- This is a reminder with regard to the commencement of the School’s Duty of Care. It is important for parents to bear in mind that they are responsible for their children prior to 8.50 a.m. The Duty of Care for the school does not commence until 8.50 a.m.
New Play Area
Work is due to commence on a new play area in early April. Pupils will not be allowed to enter this area unless under the supervision of a teacher and/ other member of staff
The taking of class photographs will occur during the first week back in school after the Easter vacation. Please ensure that your son has his full uniform on each day except the PE days
- To the parents who have assisted with transport to Gaelic football and soccer matches
- To Fingallians GFC, Fingal County Council, the Leinster Cricket Union, the Leinster Rugby Union and Adam Logue of the Irish Table Tennis Association for providing coaching to our pupils
- To the Soccer on its recent winning performances
- To the Gaelic football teams on their recent performances
Post Primary Transfer
Most of the pupils in 6th Class have now obtained places for September 2011 in post primary schools. If parents wish to send their son to Colaiste Choilm, it is essential that they apply as soon as possible because a waiting list system is used. For Fingal Community College and St Finian’s Community College, applications are made when the boys are in 6th Class.
Members of our school community are making arrangements to hold a multi-cultural day on Tuesday, 12 April. Thanks very much to the parents who have volunteered to cook/ bake/ assist at this school event. More details will be given closer to the day with regard to the various events.
The Induction Meeting for parents of pupils in the new Junior Infants Classes will be held at 7.30 p.m. on Tuesday, 10 May
Due to the prevailing economic climate, the school outings which will be held later in the year will be to local destinations thus keeping costs to an absolute minimum
End of School Year Concert
Preparations are proceeding apace for the end of school year concert. Mr Gerry Jago has been appointed as Musical Director for the musical, Smike. Thanks very much to the members of the school community who have taken advertisements for the concert programme or have indicated a wish to become patrons. All enquiries with regard to advertisements to Mrs Mary Mc Gee or Mrs Margaret Mc Kernan at 01 8405132 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates for the Diary
|Wednesday, 30 March 2011||RSE Day, ACCORD, 6th Class|
|Tuesday, 12 April||Multi-cultural Day|
|Wednesday, 13 April||Ceremony of Light, 1.40 p.m.|
|Friday, 6 May||Confirmation, 11.00 a.m.|
|Saturday, 7 May||First Holy Communion, 11.00 a.m.|
- The school will close at 12.00 sharp on Friday, 15 April. On a number of occasions in the recent past, parents have forgotten that the school is closing at 12.00.
- The school will re-open at 8.50 a.m. on Tuesday, 3 May
We take this opportunity to thank the members of the school community for their support and goodwill during the term, and wish you a happy and safe Easter Vacation.
Ní neart go cur le chéile