As the school year draws to a close, and this Board of Management comes to the end of its term of office, it is opportune to review some of the work which the Board has overseen during the past few years. The 8 members of the Board are as follows:
Mr Thomas Shields (Chairperson), Fr John Ferris, Mrs Margaret Mc Kernan (Secretary), Mrs Mary Batten (Treasurer), Ms Blaithin White, Mr Matthew Ladrigan, Mr Thomas Walsh and Mr James Bennett. Mr Walsh and Mrs Batten will be stepping down from the BOM because their sons have now completed their primary education. The other BOM members will review their situations during the coming months, and a new BOM will be elected in October 2011.
The Board oversees all matters relating to the management of the school. It appoints teachers and ancillary staff, and it oversees the maintenance of the school. It meets once per month on a formal basis, but some Board members visit the school weekly, and other Board members are in the school on a daily basis.
- Replacement of all windows
- Installation of a new mains water pipe
- Installation of new sinks and push-down taps to conserve water
- Replacement of the school roof
- Re-location of the school library
- Installation of a new playground area for the junior pupils
- Establish a multi-sensory room
- Provision of 4 picnic tables
- Pathways and driveways re-surfaced
- Safety railings erected
The economic difficulties of our country have had a very severe impact on many members of our school community, and the effects of education cut-backs will be particularly pronounced during the coming year in the area of special education.
We extend our good wishes to Ms Bernadette Sweetman and Mrs Ethné Appenah who have resigned and we thank them for their years of devoted service to our pupils. We congratulate Ms Murtagh and Jason on the birth of their daughter. We extend our good wishes to Ms Caroline Cottell who will be continuing a job- sharing arrangement in Holy Family SNS.
We thank the pupils, teachers and ancillary staff for the tremendous amount of work which they put into the staging of the concerts. We congratulate all concerned on their success because these concerts were a tremendous example of our school community working in harmony.
- To Fingallians GFC which has provided football and hurling coaching
- To Fingallians and Swords Celtic for permitting the pupils to use their pitches and facilities
- To Fingal County Council and the Leinster Cricket Union which provided the services of a cricket coach
- To the Leinster Rugby Union which provided the service of a coach during the school year
- To the parents who provided books, uniforms, track-suits during the year
- To the parents who provided transport to football and soccer events
- To the Executive of the Parents’ Association for their co-operation and involvement in the school, and specifically for the donation of €3,500 towards school funds
- To the companies and parents who supported the concerts by taking advertisements in the programme and by attending in such numbers on each day
- Winners of Hurling Blitz
- Winners of Fingal Soccer League
- Runners-up in Cricket Blitz at Malahide Cricket Club
Boys in 6th Class
The Graduation Mass for the boys and their parents will be held at 11.00 a.m. on Friday, 24 June 2011. We thank the boys and their parents for their courtesy and co-operation during the past eight years and wish them well for the future.
End of Year Arrangements
- The school will close at 12.00 on Thursday, 30 June 2011
- The school will re-open at 8.50 a.m. on Wednesday, 31 August 2011.
- The school will be open for the full school day on 31 August
We take this opportunity to thank all the members of our school community for their courtesy, goodwill and co-operation during this school year. We wish you all a very happy and peaceful Summer vacation
Ní neart go cur le chéile