The Board of Management
As another school year draws to a close, it was decided by the Board of Management that some information should be given about its workings. The 8 members of the Board are as follows:
Mr Thomas Shields (Chairperson), Fr John Ferris, Mrs Margaret Mc Kernan (Secretary), Mrs Mary Batten (Treasurer), Ms Blaithin White, Mr Matthew Ladrigan, Mr Thomas Walsh and Mr James Bennett.
What does the Board of Management do?
The Board oversees all matters relating to the management of the school. It looks after the appointment of teachers and it oversees the maintenance of the school. It meets once per month on a formal basis, but some Board members visit the school weekly, and other Board members are in the school on a daily basis.
What did the Board do during the school year, 2009-10?
- It had oversight of the following projects
- Replacement of all windows
- Installation of a new mains water pipe
- Installation of new sinks and push-down taps to conserve water
What does the Board intend to do during the school year, 2010-2011?
- Repair of the school roof
- Re-location of the school library
- Installation of a new playground area for the junior pupils
- Establish a multi-sensory room
- Publish a regular newsletter
The School Year, Retrospect and Prospect
The economic difficulties of our country have had a very severe impact on many members of our school community, and the effects of education cut-backs will continue to be evident at the start of the new school year.
- The new Sixth Classes will be in 2 groupings rather than 3 as heretofore
- There will be 1 less Language Support Teacher
We extend our good wishes to Ms Bernadette Sweetman who will be continuing on career break and to Ms Caroline Cottell who will be commencing a job sharing arrangement in Holy Family SNS.
- To Fingallians GFC which has provided football and hurling coaching.
- To Fingallians and Swords Celtic for permitting the pupils to use their pitches and facilities
- To Fingal County Council which provided the services of a cricket coach for the entire school year
- To the parents who provided a number of PCs for the school
- To Mr Lowndes who provided a bicycle rack
- To the parents who assisted with the supervision of swimming
- To the parents who provided transport to football and soccer events
- To the Executive of the Parents’ Association for their co-operation and involvement in the school. Congratulations on the success of the multi-cultural evening
- Winners of Hurling Blitz
- Winners of Fingal Soccer League
- Runners-up in Primary Schools Soccer Cup
- Runners-up in Cricket Blitz at Malahide Cricket Club
Book Lists for all classes will be circulated on Wednesday, 23 June. There will be an opportunity to buy and sell school books on Thursday, 24 June (from 11.00 a.m. onwards).
Boys in 6th Class
The Graduation Mass for the boys and their parents will be held at 11.00 a.m. on Friday, 25 June 2010. We thank the boys and their parents for their courtesy and co-operation during the past eight years and wish them well for the future.
End of Year Arrangements
- The school will close at 12.00 on Wednesday, 30 June 2010
- The school will re-open at 8.50 a.m. on Tuesday, 31 August 2010.
- The pupils will be dismissed from school at 12.00 on the first day of the new school year.
We take this opportunity to thank all the members of our school community for their courtesy, goodwill and co-operation during this school year. We wish you all a very happy and peaceful Summer vacation
Ní neart go cur le chéile