Thanks very much to the parents and pupils who contributed the sum of €8,729.24 to the Sponsored Jog. This represents a very slight decrease on last year’s figure (€8,806), but in the prevailing economic climate, it was a very commendable achievement and reflects very well on the generosity of our school community
The support and co-operation received from all members of our school community during the recent spell of bad weather were very much appreciated
Congratulations to all members of the school community who were involved in the Science Week activities
- To the parents who have donated uniforms, tracksuits and books, we extend our thanks. Donations of this nature are always very much appreciated
- To Fingallians GAA, the Leinster Rugby Union, the Leinster Cricket Union and Fingal Co. Council for providing personnel to coach the boys during the first term
- To Adam and Sam Logue who provided table-tennis coaching
- To the parents and businesses who donated hampers and other prizes for the Christmas raffle
Post Primary Transfer
Practically all of the pupils in 6th Class have now obtained places for the coming school year. Parents of pupils in other classes, who wish to send their sons to Coláiste Choilm, should contact that school without delay because it operates a waiting list system. Places for Fingal Community College and St Finian’s Community College are allocated to pupils while they are in 6thClass.
Enrolment of Junior Infants for School Year 2011/2012
- Parents are advised to collect application forms from the School Secretary and return completed form and baptismal certificate by Friday, 28 January 2011 at the latest.
Parent Teacher Meetings
- Despite the adverse weather conditions, the attendance at the recent Parent/Teacher meetings was very high, and indicative of the interest which parents have shown consistently in the progress of their children. In instances where meetings were postponed, they will be re-scheduled as soon as possible
No Uniform Day
There will be a no-uniform day on Thursday, 23 December. A voluntary contribution of €1 (or more) may be brought to school. The proceeds will be given to Society of St Vincent de Paul.
|20 December||Table Quiz|
|20 December||Visit of Santa|
|21 December||Carol Service|
|22 December||X Factor|
Dates of Liturgies
|Tuesday, 8 February||First Penance|
|Friday, 6 May||Confirmation|
|Saturday, 7 May||First Communion|
Staff meetings will be held on the last school Thursday of most months. The pupils will be dismissed at 1.30 p.m. on the day of a staff meeting. The meetings for the second and third terms are as follows:
27 January, 17 February, 31 March and 26 May
School closes for Christmas Holidays at 12.00 on Thursday, 23 December 2010
School re-opens at 8.50 a.m. on Monday, 10 January 2011.
Nollaig shona agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise do mhuintir na scoile