The School Year, Retrospect and Prospect
The economic difficulties of our country have had a very severe impact on many members of our school community, and the effects of the education cut-backs will become evident at the start of the new school year.
- The new Fifth Classes will be in 2 groupings rather than 3 as heretofore
- There will be 1 less Language Support Teacher
- There will be no financial assistance with the purchase of school books
At a more positive level, the Board of Management has been successful in obtaining grants for a number of initiatives which will be undertaken during the summer vacation.
- New windows will be installed
- A new network of pipes will be installed as part of water conservation measures.
- Ms Adrienne Moore has completed her teaching contract in our school. We thank her and wish her well as she embarks on the next phase of her career.
- We extend our good wishes to Ms Bernadette Sweetman who will be continuing on career break.
- To Fingallians GFC which has provided football and hurling coaching. We extend our best wishes to Mrs Eimear Bambrick as she continues her return to full health
- To Fingallians and Swords Celtic for permitting the pupils to use their pitches and facilities
- To the parents who provided a number of PCs for the school
- To Supervalu, Boroimhe, who provided vouchers which were used to acquire PE equipment
- To the parents who assisted with the supervision of swimming
- To the parents who provided transport to cross-country, football and soccer events
- To the Executive of the Parents’ Association for their co-operation and involvement in the school. Congratulations on the success of the recent Sponsored Walk
The Graduation Mass of the boys and their parents will be held at 11.15 a.m. on Friday, 26 June 2009. We thank the boys and their parents for their courtesy and co-operation during the past eight years and wish them well for the future.
The school will close at 12.00 on Tuesday, 30 June 2009
The school will re-open at 8.50 a.m. on Monday, 31 August 2009. The pupils will be dismissed from school at 12.00 on the first day of the new school year.
We take this opportunity to thank all the members of our school community for their courtesy, goodwill and co-operation during this school year. We wish you all a very happy and peaceful Summer vacation
Ní neart go cur le chéile