New Member on Board of Management
Congratulations to Mr Tom Walsh who was elected recently to the Board of Management. Mr Walsh replaces Mr Bob Kavanagh who stepped down after a number of years service on the Board of Management.
Green Schools Day of Action
A Day of Action was held on Friday, 11 December as part of the programme to obtain a second Green Flag. Congratulations to all of the members of the school community who were involved in this initiative.
- To the parents who have contributed PCs, printers, uniforms and tracksuits, we extend our thanks. Donations of this nature are always very much appreciated
- To Fingallians GAA, the Leinster Rugby Union and Leinster Cricket Union and Fingal Co. Council for providing personnel to coach the boys during the first term
- To the parents and businesses who donated hampers and other prizes for the Christmas raffle
Post Primary Transfer
Practically all of the pupils in 6th Class have now obtained places for the coming school year. Parents of pupils in other classes who wish to send their sons to Colaiste Choilm, should contact that school without delay because it operates a waiting list system. Places for Fingal Community College and St Finian’s Community College are allocated to pupils while they are in 6thClass.
Enrolment of Junior Infants for School Year 2010/2011
- Parents are advised to collect application forms from the School Secretary and return completed form and baptismal certificate by Friday, 29 January 2010 at the latest.
Parent Teacher Meetings
- The attendance at the recent Parent/Teacher meetings was very high, and indicative of the interest which parents have shown consistently in the progress of their children
Thanks very much to all who participated in the bag pack. A cheque for €3,000 was presented to the school recently.
No Uniform Day
There will be a no-uniform day on Tuesday, 22 December. A voluntary contribution of €1 (or more) may be brought to school. The proceeds will be given to Bóthar.
- Wednesday, 16 December: Santa visits school
- Thursday, 17 December: Play, First Class
- Friday, 18 December: X Factor, Raffle
- Monday, 21 December: Carol Service, Table Quiz
- Tuesday, 22 December: Play, Junior Infants
Dates of Liturgies
- First Penance, Tuesday, 9 February 2010
- Confirmation, Friday, 7 May 2010
- First Communion, Saturday, 15 May 2010
Staff meetings will be held on the last Thursday of most months. The pupils will be dismissed at 1.30 p.m. on the day of a staff meeting. The dates of the staff meetings for the next two terms are as follows: 28 January, 25 February, 29 April and 27 May.
- School closes for Christmas Holidays at 12.00 on Tuesday, 22 December 2009
- School re-opens at 8.50 a.m. on Thursday, 7 January 2010.
Nollaig shona agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise do mhuintir na scoile