Update on Education Cut-backs
- 1 mainstream teaching post will be suppressed in September 2009
- 2 language support teaching posts will be suppressed in September 2009
- Substitute cover will be provided from the second day in the case of a teacher being absent without a medical certificate
- Substitute cover will be provided from the first day for one teacher or more in the event of more than one teacher being absent without medical certificate
- Thanks very much to the parents who contacted TDs, Senators and Co. Councillors or attended any of the various demonstrations during the past month
- To the parents who have contributed PCs, printers, uniforms and tracksuits, we extend our thanks. Donations of this nature are always very much appreciated
- To Fingallians GAA for providing personnel to coach the boys at football during the first term
- We are very grateful to the parents who assist at the supervision of the pupils while they are at swimming classes
- To the parents who donated hampers and other prizes for the Christmas raffle
Post Primary Transfer
Practically all of the pupils in 6th Class have now obtained places for the coming school year. Parents of pupils in other classes who wish to send their sons to Colaiste Choilm, should contact that school without delay because it operates a waiting list system. Places for Fingal Community College and St Finian’s Community College are allocated to pupils while they are in 6th Class.
Enrolment of Junior Infants for School Year 2009/10
Parents are advised to collect application forms from the School Secretary and return completed form and baptismal certificate by Thursday, 31 January 2009 at the latest.
Parent Teacher Meetings
The attendance at the recent Parent/Teacher meetings for parents of pupils in 6th Class was very high, and indicative of the interest which parents have shown consistently in the progress of their children
Parent teacher meetings for pupils in Junior Infants to 5th Class will be held on 21st and 22nd January 2009.
Thanks very much to all who contributed to the Sponsored Jog Fund. The amount raised was slightly in excess of €12,000. In view of the many cut-backs on funding to schools, it may be necessary for the Board of Management to explore the possibility of introducing a fixed contribution from each family for school funds.
- Thursday, 18 December: Cinema Trip
- Thursday, 18 December: Santa visits school
- Friday, 19 December: X Factor
- Monday, 22 December: Carol Service
- Monday, 22 December: Table Quiz
- Tuesday, 23 December: School closes for Christmas Holidays at 12.00
- Wednesday, 7 January: School re-opens at 8.50 a.m.
Nollaig shona agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise do mhuintir na scoile