This year, we are fielding a junior and a senior team. Results have been mixed so far but the long-term prospects are very good
The trials have now been completed, and a panel selected. The competitive season will commence shortly
The boys have trained very hard, but due to a combination of circumstances, they have not had many opportunities to race competitively.
Swimming lessons have commenced for 6th Class, and final group to have lessons will be 2nd Class. Swimming is now an obligatory element of the PE curriculum, and all pupils are urged to avail of the opportunity to acquire / improve their swimming skills
No Uniform Day and Make a Wish Foundation
There will be a non-uniform day on Friday, 30 March 2007. If pupils wish to make a donation of €1 or more, the proceeds will be donated to the Make a Wish Foundation.
- Ron O’ Rourke who provided the school with a number of monitors
- Parents who assisted at supervision at swimming
- Parents who have provided transport to and from the various sports activities
- Parents who have assisted with paired / shared reading
- Mrs E. Bambrick and Fingallians GFC for providing coaching and support for the school’s Gaelic football teams
- Leinster Rugby Football Union for coaching the boys in 5th and 6th Classes
- Mrs S. Kiernan for providing coaching in athletics
Post Primary Transfer
Post primary schools in the Swords area operate different enrolment policies. Fingal and St Finian’s Community Colleges take applications when the pupils are in 6th Class. Coláiste Choilm (CBS) operates on the basis of date of application so it is important that parents make applications as soon as possible if they wish to enrol their sons in Coláiste Choilm.
Advertising in Year Book
It is intended to publish a Year Book, and a circular has been issued with regard to the possibility of parents / guardians taking an advertisement to defray printing costs. Mrs Margaret Mc Kernan at (01 8407669) is the person to contact in connection with this initiative.
Electrical work at school
The Board of Management has been successful in obtaining a grant from the Department of Education and Science towards the cost of updating the electrical installations in the school, and this work will be undertaken during the Summer vacation. However, this has an implication for the Board’s finances because it is obliged to fund 10% of the final costs, and it may be necessary to make a direct appeal to parents for assistance in meeting the cost of this project.
Vacations and Other School Closings
- The Easter vacation will commence at 12.00 on Friday, 30 March and the school will re-open at 8.50 a.m. on Monday, 16 April.
- Friday, 20 April 2007: In-service day
Thanks very much for the support and co-operation during the term, and a very happy and peaceful Easter to all members of our school community.
Ní neart go cur le chéile.