Mrs. Anne O’Reilly, RIP
The school community extends its deepest condolences to Mr. Dan O’Reilly and his family on the death of his wife, Anne. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam dhilis.
Parent(s) volunteer required to assist with structured play period each morning in Junior Infant Class. If interested, please contact Ms Angela Noonan at (01) 8405132.
- To the parents who have contributed PCs, printers, uniforms and tracksuits, we extend our thanks. Donations of this nature are always very much appreciated
- To Fingallians GAA and Swords Rugby Club for providing personnel to coach the boys at football, hurling, athletics and rugby during the first term
- We are very grateful to the parents who assist at the supervision of the pupils while they are at swimming classes
- To the parents who donated hampers and other prizes for the Christmas raffle
Post Primary Transfer
Practically all of the pupils in 6th Class have now obtained places for the coming school year. Parents of pupils in other classes who wish to send their sons to Colaiste Choilm, should contact that school without delay because it operates a waiting list system. Places for Fingal Community College and St Finian’s Community College are allocated to pupils while they are in 6thClass.
Enrolment of Junior Infants for School Year 2008/09
- Parents are advised to collect application forms from the School Secretary and return completed form and baptismal certificate by Thursday, 31 January 2008 at the latest.
Parent Teacher Meetings
- The attendance at the recent Parent/Teacher meetings for parents of pupils in 6th Class was very high, and indicative of the interest which parents have shown consistently in the progress of their children
- Parent teacher meetings for pupils in Junior Infants to 5th Class will be held during the last week in January 2008
The Board of Management and Fund Raising
Thanks very much to all who contributed to the Sponsored Jog Fund. The amount raised was slightly in excess of €12,000. The urgent need for continued fund raising is illustrated by the fact that the water rates bill for the period July to September 2007 was €1,800. Given that the school was closed for 2 of those months, it is to be assumed that the bill for the next quarter will be appreciably higher. The implications of bills for water, refuse collections, increased heating costs, insurance, service contracts for security and for electrical installations constitute a major difficulty for the new Board of Management, and the possibility of direct contributions from parents may have to be addressed.
- To Shane D’ Alton, Francis Freeney, Nathan Warren-Kelly and Stephen Lawler who won prizes in Fingal County Council’s Re-cycling Competition
- To Jude Evbakhavbokun whose painting is included in the Dublin Bus Calendar for 2008
- Monday, 17 December 2007: Table Quiz
- Tuesday, 18 December 2007: Santa visits classes
- Thursday, 20 December 2007: Cinema trip for prize winners
- Thursday, 20 December 2007: Raffle draw for hampers
- Friday, 21 December: School closes at 12.00
- Monday, 7 January: School re-opens at 8.50 p.m.
Nollaig shona agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise do mhuintir na scoile