V. Rev Fr O’ Reilly
The School Community extends its sympathy to the relatives and friends of the late V. Rev. Fr Michael O’ Reilly, former Parish Priest and former Chairperson of the Board of Management, who died on 15 November 2006. Fr O’ Reilly made a very significant contribution to the development of our school during the period 1979 to 1995. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.
- To Mrs Treadwell for the donation of books and games
- To the parents who have assisted with the Paired and Shared Reading initiatives
- To Fingallians GFC and Mrs E. Bambrick for providing coaching during the past year
- To the parents who have assisted at the supervision of swimming
- To the Leinster Rugby Football Union for providing coaching for the boys in 6th class
- To the Executive of the Parents’ Association for their work on behalf of our schoo
Early Collection of pupils from School
The school day ends at 1.30 p.m. for Infant Classes and 2.30 p.m. for other classes. Unless, there is a very serious reason, no pupil should be taken early from school because it deprives the child of education and disrupts the work of the other pupils. To monitor this situation, it will be necessary for parents / guardians to call to the Principal’s Office on any occasion when it is necessary to collect a child early.
Entrants to School, September 2007
Applications forms for entry to our school will be available from the Secretary during the week commencing 15 January 2007. The closing dated for completed applications to be is Friday, 26 January 2007
Post Primary Transfer
At this stage, most of the pupils in 6th Class have places organised in post-primary schools for 2007. Fingal and St Finian’s Community Colleges contacted our school in September 2006 with regard to places for September 2007. Coláiste Choilm (Christian Brothers School) operates on the basis of the date of applications so it is essential that parents who wish to send their sons to Colaiste Choilm contact that school at the earliest possible opportunity. If parents wish to send their sons to schools outside Swords, it is essential to make contact with these schools with regard to enrolment policies / requirements etc.
Parent Teacher Meetings
Thanks very much to the parents of pupils in 6th Class for their attendance at the Parent Teacher meetings recently. Meetings for parents of pupils in the other classes will be held on 30 and 31 January 2007, and more detailed information with regard to appointment times will be issued after the Christmas vacation.
Tickets for the Christmas raffle are selling very well. The price of a ticket is €2 and the draw will be held on Thursday, 21 December 2006.
Christmas in the school
- Christmas is a time of giving, but it is also a time when we should remember the less fortunate. Friday, 22 December will be a no-uniform day, and the boys may bring some contributions for Bóthar
- Auditions St Colmcille’s BNS X Factor were held on Thursday, 7 December and the results are awaited eagerly
- Santa is visiting the school on Wednesday, 20 December. We are grateful to him for sparing the time when he has so many other commitments at this time of the year
The boys in 4th Class are being given swimming lessons at present. The pupils in 3rd Class will commence swimming lessons in January. Parents are reminded that swimming is an integral part of the PE curriculum and all pupils are expected to attend. If there is a difficulty with regard to payment, contact the class teacher and this matter can be dealt with confidentially. Volunteers among fathers to assist with supervision are always very much appreciated
The Christmas vacation will commence at 12.00 on Friday, 22 December and school will re-open at 8.50 a.m. on Monday, 8 January 2007.
We take this opportunity to thank you for your support and goodwill during the year, and we take this opportunity to wish every member of our school community a happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year. Nollaig shona daoibh go léir