Post Primary Schools
The boys in 6th Class have now completed their assessments for post-primary schools. Parents of pupils in classes other than 6th Class are reminded that it is necessary for them to make contact with post-primary schools outside the Swords area and Coláiste Choilm (CBS), Swords. Application are made to the Community Colleges, St Finian’s and Fingal, at the start of the year in which a boy enters 6th Class.
The 6th Classes complete their swimming lessons on Tuesday, 4 April. Second Classes will commence immediately after the Easter vacation. Fathers willing to assist with supervision at the swimming pool would be very much appreciated.
The Gaelic team has commenced its campaign, and has lost its first two games. It appears that this year will be a transitional one with regard to overall success.
The cross-country teams, Under 10, Under 12 and 0ver 12, won the three overall trophies at the events which were held during the past few months. Congratulations to the boys and their coaches and thanks to all of the parents who supported the teams in every way possible
The team has yet to commence its league campaign. We wish them well in their endeavours
To Anthony Escandor who won First Prize in the INTO handwriting competition
- To the parent who presented some books to the school
- To the Kenny family who presented a PC and a Printer to the school
- To the parents who have assisted with supervision at the swimming and provided transport to Cross-Country, Gaelic football and soccer
- To the members of the Parents’ Association, who individually and collectively do so much for our school
40th Anniversary Celebrations
The boys are working on articles and preparing for an Art Exhibition. We send a renewed appeal to past-pupils who are willing to share their memories of their school days in St Colmcille’s BNS. Ms Angela Noonan is the teacher who is co-ordinating the project.
Junior Infant Classes 2006/07
The successful and unsuccessful applicants for places in Junior Infants for 2006 /07 have now been contacted. Names of the unsuccessful applicants have been placed on a waiting list.
Re-cycling of Printer Cartridges
If you wish to have used Ink jet / laser cartridges of every make (except Epson) re-cycled, please send them to Mrs Mary Mc Gee, School Secretary
- 26th April: RSE day for 6th Classes
- 8 May: In-service day (School closed)
- 9 May: Induction Meeting for parents of new Junior Infants (8.00 p.m.)
- 12 May: Confirmation at 10.45 a.m.
- 13 May: First Holy Communion at 11.00
- 26 May: In-service day (School closed)
The Easter vacation commences at 12.00 on Friday, 7 April. School re-opens at 8.50 a.m. on Monday, 24 April.
We take this opportunity to thank all members of the school community for their help and co-operation throughout the term and wish everybody a happy and peaceful Easter.
Ní neart go cur le chéile !!