We welcome our new pupils and parents to St. Colmcille’s BNS. We also welcome Ms. Catríona Nee and Ms. Claudine Halpin to the staff of our school.
We congratulate Ms Anne White and her husband, Paul, on the birth of their daughter, Emma.
- The Sponsored Jog was held on Friday, 7 October 2005. At this point, the amount received in sponsorship is €8,000. The incentive raffle will be held on Friday, 28 October 2005. Thanks very much to pupils and parents for their support. The money contributed will enable much-needed resources to be purchased for the pupils
- The Commitment Ceremony for Confirmation will be held on St Colmcille’s Church at 1.40 p.m. on Wednesday, 19 October 2005
- The Enrolment Ceremony for First Penance and Communion will be held in St Colmcille’s Church at 1.40 p.m. on Wednesday, 26 October 2005
Post Primary Schools
At this stage, we have received enrolment forms from Fingal Community College and St Finian’s Community College. Parents are reminded that Coláiste Choilm operates a waiting list system so it is important to have your son’s name registered for this school irrespective of when he will be transferring. Parents who wish to send their sons to post-primary schools outside Swords are advised to make contact with these schools.
Feedback from AGM of Parents’ Association
The importance of positive relations among all members of the school community cannot be over-stressed, and in this context, the newsletter provides an opportunity to address some of the queries which were received from the Annual General Meeting of the Parents’ Association.
Sponsorship for Jog
Pressure has never been brought to bear on any pupil / parent to contribute to the Jog. The circular which was sent out prior to the Jog specifically states that there is no obligation on any pupil to contribute to the Jog
Code of Behaviour
The philosophy underlying the Code is to affirm good behaviour, but it is also necessary to utilise sanctions in the event of unacceptable behaviour. The Code was reviewed this year as a result of feedback from parents, pupils and teachers. We thank parents for the support which they give with regard to the Code, and we suggest that at regular intervals, they emphasise to their sons the importance of respecting the rights of others.
School Milk Scheme
The School Milk Scheme was discontinued because there was too much milk in the cartons for many of the pupils with the result that a large amount of milk was being poured down the drain every day. There is absolutely no prohibition on parents giving milk to their sons for their drink each day.
- Swimming has re-commenced and we thank the parents who have assisted with regard to supervision
- The cross-country trials have been held, and the teams will be announced very shortly
Parent Teacher Meetings
- Parent –teacher meetings will be held on Wednesday 23rd November and Thursday, 24th November. Appointment times will be sent out after the mid-term break
- Parents are reminded that it is necessary to have an appointment if they wish to meet with a teacher or the principal. This system ensures that interruptions during the school day are kept to an absolute minimum.
- We thank Mr. S. Petherbridge for sourcing a number of PC’s for our pupils
- The mid-term break will be from Monday, 31st October to Friday 4th November (inclusive).
We take this opportunity to convey our best wishes for the year to every member of our school community. We thank for your support, co-operation and goodwill.
Ní neart go cur le chéile