Thanks very much to all who contributed to the Sponsored Jog. The amount collected was €11,668.09.
Post Primary Transfer
The post-primary schools in Swords operate different enrolment procedures. With regard to Fingal Community and St Finian’s Community College, applications are made during September of 6th Class. Coláiste Choilm operates a waiting list system so it is important for parents to make application as soon as possible, irrespective of a boy’s present class.
Parent Teacher Meetings
Thanks very much to all parents for their courtesy and co-operation. This is the first year of the new arrangements, and feedback with regard to the suitability of times (during the day or evening) would be appreciated so that this information can be factored into next year’s arrangements.
- To the boys on the cross-country teams who performed so well at Balheary and Ardgillan
- To Daniel Saputo on winning first prize in the Swords Lions’ Club Poster Competition
- To Ciarán Gaffney, Anthony Murphy and Eoghan Murphy who won prizes in the Science Competition sponsored by Fingal Co. Council
- To Mr Brendan Mooney, Siemens Ltd who arranged the donation of furniture to the school
- To the parents who assisted with the supervision of swimming
- To the parents who have provided transport for the cross-country events
- To the Parents’ Association for minerals on the day of the Sponsored Jog, for their sponsorship of the Magic Show, for organising the Raffle and the prizes and their constant support and encouragement throughout the year
The school will close at 12.00 on Wednesday, 22 December 2004 and re-open at 8.50 a.m. on Monday, 10 January 2005
Every good wish to all members of our school community for a happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Nollaig Shona Daoibh