Congratulations to the boys in the Sixth Classes who were confirmed on Tuesday, 30 March 2004. Well done also to the boys in 5th Classes who were in the choir for this great occasion in the life of St Colmcille’s parish.
Post Primary Schools
A transition programme for the pupils in 6th Classes, who will be transferring to post-primary schools in September, will be organised early in the new term. Parents of pupils in classes other than 6th who wish to send their sons to Coláiste Choilm (CBS) are advised to obtain application forms from Coláiste Choilm. Fingal Community College and St Finian’s Community College send application forms to the school during September of each year for pupils in 6th Class.
Initiatives during the Term
- The Parenting Courses ended on Friday, 19 March. It is intended to organise at least one more course before the end of this school year. Details will be circulated as soon as possible.
- The Camera Club has now commenced and the boys are making tremendous progress on their portfolios
- The Relationships and Sexuality Education course for pupils in 6th Classes which will be provided by ACCORD, will be held on Tuesday, 18 May.
- Soccer – the school team has played three games and won three
- GAA – the school team has played two games and won two
- Swimming – the 6th Classes have two lessons left, and then the pupils from 2nd Classes will commence.
- The Indoor Soccer League for the pupils in Third Class has been practically completed
- The Cross-Country team continues to thrive, and they will complete their campaign shortly
Applications to Start School in September 2004
Letters will be sent during week commencing 19 April to parents whose sons have been accepted for September 2004. The meeting for parents of the new junior infant pupils will be held in the school hall at 8.00 p.m. on Monday, 10 May 2004. There are still some vacancies in the new junior infant classes, but parents are advised to obtain the application forms from the School Secretary as soon as possible.
- To Fingallians GFC who in addition to providing the services of a coach, Mrs E. Bambrick, have also donated a set of jerseys for the school football team
- To Swords Laboratories who provided very valuable computer hardware recently
- To Mr Molly who very kindly donated a computer and printer to the school
- To the Parents’ Association for sponsoring the floral decorations in the Church for Confirmation and for providing Easter Eggs to be raffled in each class
- To the McConnell family who very kindly donated a computer
- To the Wheeler family who donated books
The school website, www.colmcilles.net is updated very frequently. Please check it out for announcements, news items and displays of the pupils’ work
The school will close for the Easter vacation at 12.00 on Friday, 2 April and it will re-open at 8.50 a.m. on Monday, 19 April.
Each year, photographs are taken of every class in the school. These photographs are a very important part of the school’s archives. This year, it is intended to take the photographs of the classes on the week commencing 10 May. Parents are asked to ensure that their sons are wearing full uniforms on the days designated for the photographs.
Thanks very much to all members of the school community for their support and co-operation during the term, and every good wish for a happy and peaceful Easter.
Ní neart go cur le chéile.