We welcome the pupils who have joined our school this year, and welcome back Ms. Evelyn Sorohan. We congratulate Liam Molloy on his appointment as caretaker in succession to Mr. Pat Kane and wish him well.
Ms. Aisling Kelly transferred to Kinnegad at the start of this school year. We thank Aisling for the contribution which she made to our school and wish her well in her new post. We also thank Ms. Éimear Whitfield, the School Completion Programme Co-ordinator, and wish her well in her new position in Ballymun.
New Resource Room
A Resource Room was built during the holidays at the top of the school hall. This is a very exciting development and it presents great possibilities because of the additional room space.
- Swimming lessons commenced on Tuesday, 16 September. All classes from 2nd to 6th will be offered swimming lessons during the course of the school year, and it is important that as many pupils as possible avail of this opportunity because swimming is an integral part of the school curriculum. If fathers are available to assist with supervision, this would be very much appreciated.
- Gaelic Football coaching has recommenced. We thank Fingallians GFC for providing this opportunity for our pupils.
- There is the possibility that we will be in the position to acquire the services of a professional basketball coach for this school year, and this will add to the range of sporting activities being offered to the pupils
Healthy Eating Policy
The Healthy Eating Policy has recommenced. Details of it are contained in the School Prospectus and in the Homework Journal.Egg products, peanuts and peanut butter continue to be prohibited because we have two pupils in the school who can suffer from a very serious reaction to these products. We thank parents for their continuing support of this policy.
Post Primary Transfer
Parents are advised to make contact as early as possible with the post primary schools of their choice.
The building of a Resource Room and the provision of requisites for the implementation of the Primary School Curriculum make it essential that fund raising is undertaken again this year. Details of fund raising events will be issued shortly.
Parent Teacher Meetings
Parent teacher meetings for all classes will be held in late November. Details of dates will be issued shortly.
Cars in School Grounds
Our insurers have asked us to remind parents that only staff cars are allowed into the grounds while the school is in progress. This is especially important at 8.50 a.m. and 2.30 p.m. Thank you for your co-operation with this vital safety matter.
Our website (www.colmcilles.net) is being constantly updated. Details of pupils’ work, school events, holidays, other school closings, policies, local history, email addresses are contained on it.
- To Mr. and Mrs Masterson for paper
- To the Hurley and Gleeson families for PCs
- To Mr. Leahy for pillows
- To the Parents’ Association for the work which they do throughout the year in supporting the school. We are especially grateful to the parents who collected advertising for the homework journal.
- To the member of the Board of Management which finishes its term of office in October.
Every good wish to all our parents and pupils as we commence a new academic year. Thank you for your continuing support and co-operation. Ní neart go cur le chéile.