Mr. Pat Kane
Mr. Pat Kane, our caretaker, has retired recently. We thank him for his years of dedicated service to our school and wish him well for the future.
Well done to the team which took part in the recent Primary School Sports. Every athlete qualified for a final, and Keith Ward finished 3rd in the 500m race.
The school team won the Fingal League by beating St. John Paul NS 4-3 in a tremendous final. The boys will be playing in the Primary Schools’ Final against Drimnagh Castle CBS on Thursday, 19 June 2003.
The boys in 4th and one of the 5th Classes have completed swimming lessons at ALSA. Thanks very much to Mr. Mc Kernan who assisted with the supervision.
- Congratulations to Ryan Timmins and Pierce Mc Kitterick who participated in the Bank of Ireland Fun Day competition at Parnell Park for pupils in 3rd Classes.
- Congratulations to Adam Hanley and Niall Rock who took part in the Mac Donald’s Skills Competition.
Thanks very much to the pupils, parents and ancillary staff who took part in the bag packing fund raiser at Dunne’s Stores. The sum of €3,000 was contributed to school funds.
Fund Raising for Special Olympics
Well done to everybody who took part in the fund raising events to sponsor athletes in the Special Olympics. The sum of €3,300 has been sent on to the Special Olympics fund.
- To Mr. Smith who donated PC’s
- To Mrs. Jacob who donated books
- To Mrs. Mc Gee who donated books
- To Mr. Kavanagh who donated a monitor
- The support for school teams has been tremendous throughout the year. Thanks very much to the parents who provided transport and attended games.
- To Fingallians GFC, to Ms Eimear Bambrick and Vinny Galvin for coaching the boys throughout the year.
- To Swords Celtic FC for the use of their pitches during the season.
- To the Executive and members of the Parents’ Association for their support and co-operation during the year.
- To the donor of €440 who wishes to remain anonymous.
Dates for Diary
- Friday, 27 June – Summer Holidays commence at 12.00
- School will re-open on Monday, 1 September
Calendar for New School Year
There are still some details to be finalised with regard to next year’s holidays and other school closings, but the school will be closed on the following dates
- Friday, 5 September: In-Service day
- Mid-term break: 27 October to 31 October 2003
- Monday, 8 December – Church Holiday
- Christmas Holidays will commence at 12.00 on Tuesday, 23 December and school will re-open on Wednesday, 7 January 2004
Mural and Painting of the Playground
Congratulations to the pupils and to Ms. C. Brangan for winning an award in the ESB Environmental Awareness Competition. The mural and the playground will be enjoyed for years to come by all members of our school community.
Educational Welfare Act
The Educational Welfare Act is now being implemented in its entirety. This means that the school authorities are obliged to inform the Educational Welfare Board and parents if a pupil is absent from school for 20 days or close to 20 days. The importance of regular attendance at school cannot be overstated, and parents are advised strongly to arrange all family holidays and outings with this in mind.
Boys in 6th Class
The Graduation Mass will be held at on Wednesday, 25 June. We thank the boys and the parents for their courtesy and co-operation during the past eight years and wish them well in their new schools.
Best wishes to every member of our school community for a happy and peaceful Summer vacation. Go n-éirí an t-ádh libh.