The Homework Club will end for this term on Thursday, 18 December. We thank the boys, parents and teachers for their support of this venture. It will re-commence on Wednesday, 14 January. The fee per week will continue to be €10.
Swimming classes for pupils in Third Classes will commence on Tuesday, 13 January 2004. The fee for the 6 lessons will be €30 (€5 per lesson). Swimming is now an integral part of the Revised Primary Curriculum, and we urge that all pupils avail of this opportunity. The assistance of fathers to supervise before and after the swimming classes would be much appreciated.
There is a possibility of providing French Classes after official school hours for pupils in 5th and 6th Classes. It would be much appreciated if parents could indicate to the teachers the level of interest there would be in this initiative.
- The cross –country runners have been training throughout the term, and did very well in their only competitive outing.
- Ms Eimear Bambrick has been coaching the boys in the skills of Gaelic Football since the start of the term.
- The school teams will commence their competitive season during the next term, and we wish them well in their endeavours.
- Parents who are willing to offer their services as drivers would be much appreciated.
- A Camera Club will be started in the school during the next term
- Work will continue in the school garden
Ms Teresa Cleary
Ms Teresa Cleary, who has been a valued member of the teaching staff since 1 September 1981, retired on 1 November 2003. Every member of our school community thanks Ms Cleary for her years of devoted service, and we wish her well in her retirement.
- To Mr. Leahy for pillows and for fabric
- To Ms. Daly, of Celestica, who sourced office equipment, furniture, stationery and a television for our school.
- To Mr. Kiernan and Mr. Doyle who provided supervision during the swimming lessons.
- To Mr. and Mrs. Mc Kernan, and Mrs. Drinane who organised security and cups of tea/coffee on the evening of the Parent Teacher meetings
- To the parent who wishes to remain anonymous, but contributed over €800 to school funds.
- The amount collected from the combined Jog/Reading Marathon was €7,727.91. We are very grateful to the parents and pupils who supported these ventures. If there are parents/ pupils who have mislaid their sponsorship cards, it is still very acceptable to send in a donation to school funds because the amount collected this year represents a decrease of 34% on last year’s figure.
Board of Management
Congratulations and best wishes to the members of the newly elected Board of Management. The officers and members of the Board are as follows:
|Chairperson:||Mr. Tom Shields|
|Vice-Chairperson:||V. Rev. Seán O’ Neill, P.P.|
|Secretary:||Ms. Ann-Marie Quinlan|
|Treasurer:||Mr. James Bennett|
Dates for Diary
- Tuesday, 23 December: School closes at 12.00 for Christmas vacation
- Wednesday, 7 January 2004
- Monday, 19 January: School closed for in-service day
- Thursday, 29 January: School closes at
We take this opportunity to thank everyone in the school community for their co-operation during the first term, and we wish you a happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Nollaig faoi shéan agus faoi mhaise daoibh go léir.