Today, we the school community of St Colmcille’s BNS, heard of the passing of Mr Tom Shields.
Tom enrolled as a pupil in New Borough Boys’ School, Swords on 19 June 1944, and he left primary school on 28 June 1952.
He served as a Governor of the New Borough Schools from 1972 until 2014. He became a member of the Board of Management of St Colmcille’s BNS in 1991 and was elected Chairperson of the Board of Management in 2003. He retired from the Board of Management in 2015. He was unfailingly courteous in his dealings with staff, parents and pupils.
We wish to extend our deepest sympathy to his wife Áine, his daughters Antonia and Lisa, and extended family.
Funeral arrangements as follows: Reposing at Rock’s Funeral Home, Swords on Wednesday, 23 May from 3 o’clock with removal to St. Cronan’s Church, Brackenstown arriving at 5 o’clock. Funeral after 10 o’clock Mass on Thursday, 24 May to Swords Cemetery.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.
We have reviewed our Code of Behaviour. The revised code will come into effect in August 2018. It can be viewed by clicking ‘Policies’ in the menu above.
Our school has been requisitioned as a polling station for the Referendum to be held on Friday, 25th May 2018. The school will be closed on that date.
Congratulations to the boys in 6th Class who were confirmed by Bishop Raymond Field on Thursday, 19th April. It was a fantastic celebration and we thank the boys and their families for their tremendous participation. A special word of thanks to the boys who sang in the choir and to the teachers who helped in the preparation for the occasion.
The school calendar for 2018 / 2019 is now available to view by clicking ‘Dates for Diary’ in the menu above.
The Department of Education and Skills has published a leafet to provide parents with information on the new Junior Cycle (at Post Primary School). Click the link below to view the leaflet.
Our school will re-open tomorrow, Monday, 5th March.
In line with the announcement by The Department of Education and Skills, our school will remain closed on Thursday & Friday of this week.
Following the issuing of a status Red weather warning, our school will remain closed today. A decision about tomorrow will be made later today.
We are continuing to monitor the weather conditions in Swords. Our first responsibility is the safety of all members of our school community. A decision on whether the school will open or not will be made in the context of that responsibility. It will be based on the weather and road conditions in the morning and the possibility of those conditions deteriorating during the school day. An update will be posted here on Wednesday morning.